Skip to main content

Meet the woman who slept with 10,000 men

Meet the woman who slept with 10,000 men

Gwyneth Montenegro says she has slept with more than 10,000 men.



She first stepped into a brothel at age 21, lured by the prospect of earning up to $1000 for an hour's work. While she doesn't regret her 12 years as a sex worker, Montenegro, 39, says she is glad to be out.

Now, she is trained in neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), an approach to personal development and psychotherapy made popular by American motivational speaker Tony Robbins. She teaches women how to "understand" men and get the most out of their relationships.

Here she answers questions about the reality of sex work and what men really want.


How did you first get in to sex work?

"I never wanted to get into the sex industry in the first place. I was 18, I went out to a nightclub and my drink was spiked and I got taken away and gang-raped by 6-8 men - I can't remember exactly how many because I was so out off 

"It kind of changed my opinion about myself. I felt I wasn't worthy anymore, that I wasn't good enough. I came from a Christian family and I was saving myself for marriage and then I got raped. So I went the other way ... I was very promiscuous. I ended up in the table top dancing industry when I was 19."

How did you transition from stripping to being paid for sex?

"I felt that I'd already crossed a line when I stripped, so it didn't seem that far off at the time.

I thought 'Oh well, if I don't like it, I can always walk out after the first shift'.

"It was totally surreal. Once you've been paid for sex once, you can't take that back. I just found I was able to compartmentalise and switch my feelings off, because I already felt dirty.

"The money was really good and the money is what kept me in the industry for all those years. I don't recommend anyone do it."

How much did you charge?

"I would charge $500-$1000 an hour - that depended on the services. Usually you had to do quite a bit for that.

"I was so young and naive when I started out. I was a good country girl. I was so surprised when someone paid me for sex. I wasn't very experienced and the ladies told me 'Our basic thing is basic sex and a massage'.

"I was naive, I didn't even know what the 'extras' were. Over time I would do other things, like I was able to do kissing and toys and dress ups."

Did you ever have to do anything really crazy?

"A lot of them don't want all this hardcore kinky sex - that's such a small percentage of the men. I was in the industry for 12 years - that's a long time. But I didn't see a lot of the men that had these sick fantasies. Most of it was just normal sex."

Was it always just about sex or did the men want emotional comfort too?

"It's more than just sex. There's always a psychological motivation for sex, it's not just a physical urge. A lot of the clients I would see would be an hour plus and I mean sure, they wanted the sex, but a big part of my job was just talking.

"There was always some sort of psychological game from it. There was always a feeling of ... you could sort of tell they felt more validated as a man or some of them felt like 'I can control you'. They'd walk out with this strut."

Why do you think men seek out sex workers?

Because that man feels emasculated in his relationship, he wants to feel masculine again.
They're seeking validity for their virility. Virility is very important to men.

"There's also a group of men who want to play the game. They get an intense delight out of controlling women. They get more of a kick out of feeling like they control you, than they do off the actual sex. So a lot of it is from a psychological motivation."

Do you think men have changed over the years?

"I don't want to be so brazen as to just blame feminism for this. However, I think there is a part to play where men do feel emasculated. They don't know 'should I open the door?' 'Will I get yelled at?'

"A lot of the time the grip is they don't know what it is to be a man anymore. They've lost their way. That's what I've seen in my clients."

What advice can you give to women who say they're baffled or completely confused by the behaviour of men?

Detach the emotions - look at it from the outside. The man will give you all the cues from his behaviour and his relationships.

"You'll be able to pick out if this person is going to be a long-term thing or not really the right fit for you."


Comments

Native

Popular posts from this blog

RAPE OF IGBO MEN DURING SLAVERY SEASON

RAPE OF IGBO MEN DURING SLAVERY SEASON Did you know that during slavery slave owners would buy slaves to engage in forced sexual acts?  These male slaves were bought entirely on the prerequisite to owning a big penis. Igbo men were also routinely raped by their slave owners as forms of punishment for their insurgency.  The process was known as "breaking the buck or buck breaking." Involves an African Igbo slave who was challenged and then whipped in front of his entire congregation of slaves. Once the slave was worn out the master would have the other Igbo slaves make him walk over the trunk where the pants would be removed and the slave owner would have the slave sodomize in front of his wife , family , friends and kids Slave owner would make sure the slaves wife and children watched front row and center, so they could witness the death and sexual humiliation of her husband and father. Buck Breaking was the slave master's most effective tool to keep all young Igbo black ...

Cartel forces woman to strip n@ked and make a confession before killing her

Cartel forces woman to strip n@ked and make a confession before killing her A woman has been found dead after she was interrogated topless and at gunpoint by Mexican cartel thugs.  Laura Karen Rodríguez Moreno was held up by members of the Santa Rosa de Lima Cartel and forced to confess she was a member of a rival drug cartel and had been working with local police. She was forced to confess to being part of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) and to an alleged relationship between the CJNG and the Municipal Police of Salamanca, Guanajuato. Footage of the interrogation was shared across social media. In the disturbing video, Laura stands in front of a white car at night, topless but wearing shorts. She is flanked by masked men holding large guns, while her interrogator off camera asks her questions. In Spanish, the interrogator asks Laura her name, to which she replies “Laura Karen Rodriguez Moreno”. Her interrogator then asks where Laura lives. “In the...

The Good Man of Nanking

The Good Man of Nanking Taiwan, as known as Republic of China (ROC), the country where I was born and raised, is currently in a difficult situation both internally and internationally due to the complex relations between Taiwan, People’s Republic of China (PRC) and Japan. To understand the formation of the current situation and look for possible solution to the future, it is crucial to know the history between the three countries, especially the past hundred years. Besides, out of my curiosity for my well-respected grandfather, who was previously a general in Republic of China while it still represented the entire China, I want to learn the truth of the second Sino-Japanese war during WWII, which lasted eight years and caused millions of deaths. During the war, the most disputed tragedy was the “Nanking Massacre” and it is still a unresolved dilemma between Chinese and Japanese people as well as the government. From Wikipedia: “Nanking Massacre was an episode of mass murder and...