Skip to main content

Why I'm Glad I Slept With A Lot Of Guys Before Marriage At that point, I had slept with all the eligible men in my town.

Why I'm Glad I Slept With A Lot Of Guys Before Marriage
At that point, I had slept with all the eligible men in my town."


My first one-night stand happened way back in high school. My longtime boyfriend had moved away and even though I still believed I was in love with him, the long-distance thing wasn't working.

So when I was at a party and a very cute boy from a different school started flirting with me, we were making out before I knew it. Eventually, we moved to a bedroom and got down to business.

It was rather exhilarating. I didn't want to date the guy or see him again but damn, that was seriously fun

There were a few comedy of errors that night. It was so dark I didn't know he put on a condom, so I took the morning-after pill (back when you had to go to the clinic to get it. You Millennials are so lucky now that you can get it at the drugstore). News spread at school, of course, but I actually liked the notoriety.

A couple of years later in 1987, my roommate and I were hanging out at the local art school dive bar when she spotted a couple of guys she knew from high school. including one she had a huge crush on for years. Naturally, my job as wing girl was to talk to the other man so she could work her charm on her crush.

She was successful and we ended up taking both guys home. I was nervous; this was no fumbling high school situation. This man was experienced, older than me, and had a penis the size of a toddler's baseball bat. But wow, he was GREAT in bed. We saw each other a few more times and each time was great. But we didn't date.

There were a few more hookups and then I ended up in a long-term relationship for a few years. I was faithful, but once we broke up I went to town. I often joke that if I hadn't fallen in love with my now-husband of over twenty years, I would have needed to move because I'd slept with a lot of guys; in fact, at that point, I had slept with all the eligible men in my town.

But for about six months, I was owning my sexuality and loved fooling around. I slept with a lot of guys. There was that Ukrainian sailor that didn't speak English at all. We made out at the bar until we were delirious, then went outside and found a doorway to have sex in.

Then there was the Italian man who took my shirt off and fell to his knees because my breasts took his breath away (sadly, he was terrible in bed). There was that one that kept coming around, the one with the near-perfect loving that brought me all the way time and time again. There were also others that weren't terribly memorable, plus that sweet guy whose hair was set on fire by my bedside candles.

Here I am at almost 50 years old, happily married to the only man I'll be intimate with for the rest of our lives together, but I think about my slutty years fondly. My husband, ironically, is a serial monogamist so he's only been with a tiny handful of women in his life and he's fine with that.

He was also well aware of my history and wisely, recognizes the fact that he was the beneficiary of many of the tricks I learned during that time, so he accepts it with good grace.

I will say this for sure: I have no doubt that my marriage has benefited from my days of sleeping around. Because I don't have that feeling of 'missing out' so many of my friends my age say they have. I didn't miss out. I experienced my sexuality fully and deeply with great joy, and at a time it was easier to do so (I never had to get waxed or bleached). But I learned what I like, what I don't, and what really matters in someone you love.

Comments

Native

Popular posts from this blog

RAPE OF IGBO MEN DURING SLAVERY SEASON

RAPE OF IGBO MEN DURING SLAVERY SEASON Did you know that during slavery slave owners would buy slaves to engage in forced sexual acts?  These male slaves were bought entirely on the prerequisite to owning a big penis. Igbo men were also routinely raped by their slave owners as forms of punishment for their insurgency.  The process was known as "breaking the buck or buck breaking." Involves an African Igbo slave who was challenged and then whipped in front of his entire congregation of slaves. Once the slave was worn out the master would have the other Igbo slaves make him walk over the trunk where the pants would be removed and the slave owner would have the slave sodomize in front of his wife , family , friends and kids Slave owner would make sure the slaves wife and children watched front row and center, so they could witness the death and sexual humiliation of her husband and father. Buck Breaking was the slave master's most effective tool to keep all young Igbo black ...

Cartel forces woman to strip n@ked and make a confession before killing her

Cartel forces woman to strip n@ked and make a confession before killing her A woman has been found dead after she was interrogated topless and at gunpoint by Mexican cartel thugs.  Laura Karen Rodríguez Moreno was held up by members of the Santa Rosa de Lima Cartel and forced to confess she was a member of a rival drug cartel and had been working with local police. She was forced to confess to being part of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) and to an alleged relationship between the CJNG and the Municipal Police of Salamanca, Guanajuato. Footage of the interrogation was shared across social media. In the disturbing video, Laura stands in front of a white car at night, topless but wearing shorts. She is flanked by masked men holding large guns, while her interrogator off camera asks her questions. In Spanish, the interrogator asks Laura her name, to which she replies “Laura Karen Rodriguez Moreno”. Her interrogator then asks where Laura lives. “In the...

The Good Man of Nanking

The Good Man of Nanking Taiwan, as known as Republic of China (ROC), the country where I was born and raised, is currently in a difficult situation both internally and internationally due to the complex relations between Taiwan, People’s Republic of China (PRC) and Japan. To understand the formation of the current situation and look for possible solution to the future, it is crucial to know the history between the three countries, especially the past hundred years. Besides, out of my curiosity for my well-respected grandfather, who was previously a general in Republic of China while it still represented the entire China, I want to learn the truth of the second Sino-Japanese war during WWII, which lasted eight years and caused millions of deaths. During the war, the most disputed tragedy was the “Nanking Massacre” and it is still a unresolved dilemma between Chinese and Japanese people as well as the government. From Wikipedia: “Nanking Massacre was an episode of mass murder and...