Skip to main content

R@w And Powerful Side Of Birth Captured In My 30 Photos

R@w And Powerful Side Of Birth Captured In My 30 Photos


Last week I woke up with good news. I have been awarded the title of International Birth Photographer of the Year 2020 at the Birth Photographer International Image Competition (BPIIC). Not only thanks to my photos, but also because of my commitment to the community of birth photographers. I was very surprised by the news and almost fell off my chair when I read it. Really amazing.

Five years ago, I accidentally entered the photography world. At the time, I was still working as an inspector in the childcare industry. Each civil servant received a career budget that could be spent on something that had nothing to do with their own profession. With that money, I followed the basic training at the photography trade school.

It was intended as a hobby, but quickly got out of hand. In the end, I even quit my job. Not because it wasn't fun, but this is my passion. Birth photography is so special. All the emotions you can think of will pass by: relief, tension, exhaustion, sadness, and joy. I see everything through the lens. It is very special to be part of that as a photographer. I think it's great that people trust me to be in such an intimate moment.

Mother Karen Boldly Steals Another Customer’s Drinks For Her Kids To Try Out, Learns To Regret Her Decision

In the meantime, I have attended dozens of deliveries. I do a maximum of two per month. You can't plan a hundred such shoots in a year. You never know when labor will start and there is no colleague I can alternate with, like a midwife. It is therefore very intense. I have experienced deliveries lasting more than 24 hours. Then, you work non-stop, without a break, and without sleep.

50 Spine-Chilling Photos Of The Creepiest Things People Have Witnessed (New Pics)Curiosities

“Two Of The Most Disgusting Humans”: Woman Finds Out Her Little Brother Is Her Fiancé’s SonRelationships, Couples

As I’m looking at all the pictures my daughter and son in law are having their baby right now! Am sad and excited for them because I can’t be there with them. But he’s keeping us all informed ♥️♥️♥️

For the competition, I had to send in not only photos, but also documents such as customer reviews and letters of recommendation. In addition, I had to demonstrate to what extent I am involved in the profession and committed to the community of birth photographers.

That wasn't a problem for me. For example, I have been involved with others in establishing a quality mark for birth photographers in the Netherlands and Belgium, which shows hospitals that the photographer has sufficient knowledge and professionalism to attend a delivery. Of course, you shouldn't get in the way as a photographer. Several hospitals now work together with this quality mark.

ADVERTISEMENT

In addition, I have set up a platform where Dutch-speaking birth photographers can come together. Here, people can consult and ask each other questions. There is a lot of interaction. It is meant to lift each other up a bit.

The baby is like: I don't want to be here! Put me back this instance

And I am also the founder of the Birth & Beyond Photography Awards. It's a photo competition for family photographers who capture motherhood with everything that goes into it. I thought it was important that there were more opportunities for birth photographers to submit their work to photo contests. As a lifestyle, fresh 48, and birth photographer, I was often left out with my genre and there was often no competition that suited me. At the Birth & Beyond Photography Awards, there is a special birth category, in addition to more common categories such as pregnancy, newborn, baby, children, and family. Motherhood should be celebrated, right?! All genres are therefore welcome: studio, portrait, fine-art, fresh 48, lifestyle, documentary, posed and un-posed photography, and more.

This reminds me of seeing my daughter for the first time and her seeing us for the first time. It's an indescribable feeling to those who don't have children.

I hope to be able to do this work for a long time and to be able to professionalize birth photography even further. Despite the fact that standing on call is very intense, this is a wonderful job. I have grateful customers, I can be part of wonderful moments and see new life being born. It couldn't be more beautiful, right?

Comments

Native

Popular posts from this blog

RAPE OF IGBO MEN DURING SLAVERY SEASON

RAPE OF IGBO MEN DURING SLAVERY SEASON Did you know that during slavery slave owners would buy slaves to engage in forced sexual acts?  These male slaves were bought entirely on the prerequisite to owning a big penis. Igbo men were also routinely raped by their slave owners as forms of punishment for their insurgency.  The process was known as "breaking the buck or buck breaking." Involves an African Igbo slave who was challenged and then whipped in front of his entire congregation of slaves. Once the slave was worn out the master would have the other Igbo slaves make him walk over the trunk where the pants would be removed and the slave owner would have the slave sodomize in front of his wife , family , friends and kids Slave owner would make sure the slaves wife and children watched front row and center, so they could witness the death and sexual humiliation of her husband and father. Buck Breaking was the slave master's most effective tool to keep all young Igbo black ...

Cartel forces woman to strip n@ked and make a confession before killing her

Cartel forces woman to strip n@ked and make a confession before killing her A woman has been found dead after she was interrogated topless and at gunpoint by Mexican cartel thugs.  Laura Karen Rodríguez Moreno was held up by members of the Santa Rosa de Lima Cartel and forced to confess she was a member of a rival drug cartel and had been working with local police. She was forced to confess to being part of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG) and to an alleged relationship between the CJNG and the Municipal Police of Salamanca, Guanajuato. Footage of the interrogation was shared across social media. In the disturbing video, Laura stands in front of a white car at night, topless but wearing shorts. She is flanked by masked men holding large guns, while her interrogator off camera asks her questions. In Spanish, the interrogator asks Laura her name, to which she replies “Laura Karen Rodriguez Moreno”. Her interrogator then asks where Laura lives. “In the...

The Good Man of Nanking

The Good Man of Nanking Taiwan, as known as Republic of China (ROC), the country where I was born and raised, is currently in a difficult situation both internally and internationally due to the complex relations between Taiwan, People’s Republic of China (PRC) and Japan. To understand the formation of the current situation and look for possible solution to the future, it is crucial to know the history between the three countries, especially the past hundred years. Besides, out of my curiosity for my well-respected grandfather, who was previously a general in Republic of China while it still represented the entire China, I want to learn the truth of the second Sino-Japanese war during WWII, which lasted eight years and caused millions of deaths. During the war, the most disputed tragedy was the “Nanking Massacre” and it is still a unresolved dilemma between Chinese and Japanese people as well as the government. From Wikipedia: “Nanking Massacre was an episode of mass murder and...